8v Progress

Posted: 2nd September 2011 by asteriskr in Rallye 8v
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Yesterday with the chassis rail and gusset repair section for the near side ready, welded the repair section on and then prepped it for paint. Put two coats of POR15 on tonight.

Repairs

Repairs

Repairs

Also seam sealed the O/S section that had previously been POR’d. Not pretty, but no one is going to see it once it’s covered in Gravitex and painted.

Repairs

Another one of my recent eBay bargains. A full set of hub covers for the steelies for £5 delivered. They were misspelt in the listing as Peugot van parts for a Partner van. They’re in amazing condition, so I wonder if they’ve ever been used. I’m going to paint the emblem and circular logo lip in silver like I did with the last set.

Repairs

Finally as none of the three parcels of parts that I have been waiting for arrived I decided to tackle a job which was more of a [I]nice to get done[/I] rather than essential. The front brakes need new discs and pads and the brakes off the 16v project car are ideal as they had done less than 500 miles since fitting. I’ve prepped the standard ATE callipers off the 16v ready for enamelling.

Repairs

I have some Goodridge braided lines to fit which should improve things a little – the brakes were a bit spongey but this may be more to do with the fluid probably needs changing as part of the service (doesn’t seem to have been done in any of the history I have for the car.